Corset Pattern and Kit for the
Simplicity Pattern #9769 Victorian Style Corset
Here is a pattern that we feel is worth your time and effort and will provide good results for the first time corset maker.
Warning! This is not the be all and end all of corset patterns!
But we feel it has a lot of positive characteristics such as:
- It is a useful, demi-cup style, good for most Victorian periods and fantasy creations.
- The patterns pieces are of the traditional shape, and easy to alter.
- The instructions are clear and concise and very helpful, including those for installing the busk.
- The pattern is sized for modern figures and conforms to current industry standards.
- Not all sizes are on one piece of paper, making it easier to alter and use.
- There are two size ranges: 6,8,10,12 and 14,16,18,20
- And as a bonus, there is a very useable chemise and drawer set included.
Attention Re-enactors and Re-creationists: Simplicity calls this "Authentic Civil War Undergarments". Contact your own costume authorities for the authenticity details appropriate for your group. The Fitting Room has no opinion on the authenticity question, other than that this corset will give you the appropriate silhouette for most Victorian periods. Enough said.
To order Simplicity Pattern #9769:
Choose a size range, either HH- 6,8,10,12 or RR- 14,16,18,20
Sizing chart follows
Pattern and The Fitting Room Tip sheet for using this pattern - $13.95
Pattern and Corset Kit: $50.00 (saves $10.00 off retail)
Our Corset Kit Includes:
- Pattern - specify size range
- 1 - 12" busk
- 22 - Flat stays- as called for in the pattern
- 7 yds of Bone casing - specify black or white
- 1 - 6yd corset lace - specify black or white
- The Fitting Room Tip Sheet for using this pattern
Special: Kit available without the pattern.
All of the above items except the pattern $40.00
Note - fabric is not included as we think you might want something prettier than plain cotton twill - suggestions are: Cotton Damask, heavy linen, twill or poplin, or ticking. The important factor is that the fabric have NO stretch and be densely woven.
|Body Measurements: In Inches
Body Measurements: In Inches
[back to top]